Shaw Gibbs join forces with Cancer Research UK to deliver a CPD seminar at London Zoo
Tax and Financial Planning experts from Shaw Gibbs are joining forces with Cancer Research UK to deliver a CPD seminar for lawyers at London Zoo on Wednesday 25 September.
Cancer Research UK are committed to offering Continuous Professional Development (CPD) events to their solicitor partners, in appreciation of the support they provide with the Cancer Research Free Will Writing Service.
Inheritance tax and the 10% will provide attendees with an update on inheritance tax rules and the tools available when planning estates. James Painter, the incoming Head of Tax and Ed Gibson, Head of Financial Services for Shaw Gibbs will give their advice on what to look out for and how to best instruct clients. Items covered will be:
- Lifetime planning to minimise potential IHT liabilities - maximising reliefs and exemptions though charitable giving and legacy donations
- IHT and family business - including Business Relief
- Use of trusts and family investment companies
- Business Relief Schemes – options, pitfalls and gimmicks
- Pension Death Benefits & Bypass Trusts
Cancer Research UK staff will also be giving an update on the life-saving science that is being funded by gifts in Wills and how gifting the 10% allowance can help us achieve 3 in for 4 surviving cancer by 2034.