Thompson Jenner LLP are now Cyber Essentials certified
Keeping your financial data secure is extremely important to us. As part of our ongoing commitment to cyber security, we are very pleased to be able to announce that Thompson Jenner LLP has achieved certification to the UK government’s Cyber Essentials scheme.
Jointly developed by the UK government and cyber security industry, the Cyber Essentials scheme defines a baseline standard of security for businesses in the UK. It outlines the controls that all organisations should implement to help mitigate risks from common internet-based threats.
By displaying our Cyber Essentials badge, we’re letting you know that:
- We’ve put measures in place to protect our own organisation
- We take cyber security seriously and meet a Government-endorsed standard
Cyber Essentials concentrates on five key areas:
- Securing connectivity to the internet through appropriate management of boundary firewalls and internet gateways
- The secure configuration of software and devices used within the business
- Strong access control to data and services
- Suitable processes and mechanisms for protecting against viruses and other malware
- Effective patch management to ensure devices and software are up to date
Our certification marks another step on our journey of continuous security improvement, demonstrating that we are doing the right things to help protect our systems and services.
We believe every company should take security seriously, so we encourage you to review (and implement) the Cyber Essentials requirements and even apply for certification. To find out more about Cyber Essentials please visit the government Cyber Essentials website.